TEAM LEAD - GROUPS ONLY
DEPARTMENT/ DIVISION DESCRIPTION:
The GroupsOnly Coordinator advises clients on air and land options and itinerary ideas, makes bookings and manages files from initial proposal to finalizing group departure.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FOR TEAM LEAD:
· Provide travel information to clients regarding destinations, transportation and accommodation options and travel costs, and recommend suitable products and itinerary ideas.
· Make transportation and accommodation reservations using computerized reservation and ticketing system.
· Communicate with land and or air suppliers to ensure group space is confirmed.
· Update supplier regarding any date or group size changes etc.
· Investigate new travel destinations, hotels and other facilities and attractions.
· Provide travel tips regarding tourist attractions, foreign currency, customs, languages and travel safety.
· Cooperate closely with GroupsOnly Manager and product team to close the sale with the most satisfactory outcome.
· Actively pursue leads with travel agents and or group organizers to secure business and close the sale.
· Cooperate closely with in-house Sales Support staff to ensure completion of final itinerary, invoice and documents.
· Source new group potential using existing database, new group contacts, internet, and any other applicable sources.
· Regular communication with team members to coach an support in efforts to increase conversion levels and margins
· Schedule regular team meetings to review & share relevant product, sales an market information
· Liaise with suppliers, as necessary
· Attend all necessary product updates, supplier training sessions, trade shows etc
· Troubleshoot, problem solve and assist in closing groups sales, and achieving fiscal year destination target.
· Cooperate with suppliers and airlines when team encounter any problems and or stress any concerns.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· A certificate/diploma in Travel & Tourism or a combination of experience, education and training equivalent to a diploma.
· Over 5 years of experience customizing tailor-made groups to the South Pacific and Islands
· Ability to multitask under conflicting deadlines.
· Effective interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of Amadeus and air contracts
· Thriving attention to detail
· Able to work in a team setting and individually.